Sunday, September 22, 2013

Getting over fear

For the past 4 weeks I have been riding horses with my friend Melanie. We ride her and her dad's horses, Ruby and Dakota. Ruby is 6 and Dakota is 14.  Melanie has had many experiences with Dakota that have made her very scared to ride a horse. Since the first time I rode with her she has been making a lot of progress. The first time, She wouldn't even consider trotting. Now, this week she has been loping as much as possible. Last week we went to the arena at the Lincoln county fair grounds. We had tons of fun and that is where I got her to lope. Here are some videos that she recorded of me loping on Dakota.


 The guy on the other horse is Melanie's dad. He is riding Ruby.


I discovered I can lope without my hand on the horn!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment