Friday, October 18, 2013

Honors choir

This last Saturday I went with the eighth grade honors choir class to honors clinic. It was really fun! I got up at a quarter to four, curled my hair, got dressed, ate breakfast, and got on the bus and drove to Mt. View, Wyoming. I saw the sun rise for the first time! (I've never gotten up earlier then six-thirty)
It took two hours. Actually a little more. We were a little late because we hit a deer on the way there! I saw it roll under the bus and to the side of the road. It made me want to cry. When the bus driver slammed on the brakes I had just opened a bag of gold fish so they spilled everywhere! We got a good laugh out of that.  When we got there, we sang for an hour, then took a half hour break, then sang for another hour, then took a fifteen minute break, then we sang for another hour, and then took an hour lunch break. Then, we sang for another hour and a half, then took a fifteen minute break, then sang for another hour, then took an hour break for dinner, and to get dressed for the concert. Then at five- thirty, we warmed up our voices. Then at six we were sent into the auditorium and performed the concert. Here is a picture of me and my mom after the concert.



After the concert I quickly changed my clothes, and hurried to get on the bus. The bus ride home was pretty boring because everyone just slept. I just sat by myself and played games on the phone. 
Here is the first song we performed at the concert. We just learned it that afternoon so we weren't the best at it. We are singing in African. 



No comments:

Post a Comment