Friday, December 5, 2014

December 7, 1941

There's a first time for everything right? Well I'm coming to understand that better now! I can now say I have ridden in a taxi, been on a boat, and visited somewhere famous. We stopped in Hawaii for two days! The first day I was just lazy. I slept a lot, and went to the beach. Our rental house was really nice! It had three bedrooms, one bathroom indoor and one outdoor. Have you ever heard of an outdoor bathroom? I never would have even guessed they exist! 
Right outside the back door was a concrete patio. At the edge of the patio was a rock path that led to a private beach! It was so cool! We had a beach in our back yard. Come on how cool is that?! 
Seriously, this was our back yard. 
I wrote this and sent it to everyone back home. It took me a couple times to write it because the waves would wash it away! 
The water scared me, so I didn't go in it much. But I love being on the beach in the sand. The waves were pretty big. Not too far from shore they were getting up to around 15 feet! 

For most the time we were in Hawaii it was cloudy. So the ocean was a gray color. But Porter and I wanted to take a selfie with the beach and the sun decided to show up just for that! I was honored. :)




I absolutely loved all the colors on this island! Mom and I "modeled" for each other. I just love how beautiful it is here. 

This is the front door of our house. Not too interesting. Just showng you.

This is our front yard. See all the colors?! 

I'm not entirely sure where this is.... Mom took this picture of Nicole somewhere around the house. 

Before we went to the airport, we stopped by Pearl Harbor. What an experience! If you haven't been, I would strongly suggest you go. I love history. Hearing stories of our American history, history of my ancestors, any kind of story from 100 years ago or more. So this was a really neat experience for me. Thinking of all the men still in that boat. I wonder, how do those men feel about what we are doing with their remains? Their spirits are somewhere, waiting. How do they feel about millions of people remembering them and what they did. Coming to their grave everyday to be reminded of that tragic event. 









"May God make his face to shine down upon them and grant them peace"

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful colors. Do believe that we miss you all mightly! Keep the blogs coming, we can share in your adventures that way. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your experience and the beautiful pictures. I look forward to getting your posts from Guam. If you like history, you will be in heaven there with your Auntie Judy.

    ReplyDelete